The Honeywell HPFF8 is a Notification Appliance Circuit (NAC) Expander Power Supplies designed to extend the power capabilities of existing NACs and provide power for auxiliary devices. The HPFF8 connects to any 12 or 24V Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) or stand alone. The HPFF8 is mounted in a lockable wall cabinet that can accommodate up to two 18AH batteries.
They provide regulated and filtered 24VDC power to four NAC's and an auxiliary output. The NAC outputs are rated at 3.0 amps each and the auxiliary output is rated at 2.0 amps (this output is continuously supplied, even in alarm, and therefore must be taken into account for power supply loading and battery size calculations). The combined output cannot exceed 8.0 amps.
The HPFF8 provide independent output circuit supervision so in the event of a NAC fault they can notify the attached FACP. In addition they have a trouble memory feature that displays past troubles (by NAC) for rapid diagnostics. Synchronization is built in for five appliance brands.
The HPFF8 has two fully independent supervised initiating circuits that can be used for synchronized strobes and coded horns.
- Primary Input Power: 120VAC, 60Hz, 3.6A standard; 240VAC, 50Hz, 1.5A on units with E suffix
- Secondary Power: 24 volt operation: two 7-24 AH batteries
- Battery Charging Capacity: Up to 26 AH batteries
- Cabinet Holds up to two 18AH batteries
- Total Output Current: 8.0A max
- Standby Current: 0.075 A
- Auxiliary Power Output: 2.0A under all conditions
- NAC Output Ratings: 24VDC fully regulated, 3.0A max per circuit (8.0A total)
- End-of-Line Resistor Range: 1.9K to 25k ohm, ½ watt
- Common Trouble: 2.0A at 30VDC
- Relay Fail Relay: 2.0A at 30VDC
- Input Control Circuits: compatible with 12 and 24 VDC control panel NACs
- Input Control Current (alarm): 5.68 mA @ 12 VDC, 12.28 mA @ 24 VDC
- Temperature Rating: 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 93% non-condensing
- Cabinet Dimensions: 16.65" W x 19.0" H x 5.2" D (42.29 W x 48.26 H 13.23 D cm)