The 5601P is a 135°F Fixed Temp/Rate-of-Rise, Single-Circuit Mechanical Heat Detector with Plain Housing.
The 5600 series offers a full-line of configurations to accommodate a broad range of applications. Both single- and dual-circuit models are available for low- and high-temperature ratings with either fixed temperature or combination fixed temperature/rate-of-rise (ROR) activation. The ROR element of the fixed/ROR models is restorable to accommodate field-testing.
To satisfy a variety of installation needs, the 5600 series easily mounts to single-gang and octagonal back boxes. And these models accommodate four-square back boxes, when used with a square to round plaster ring. The reversible mounting bracket permits both flush- and surface-mount back box installations.
The 5600 series provides clear markings on the exterior of the unit to ensure that the proper detector is being used. Alphanumeric characters identify the activation method, as well as the temperature rating, in Fahrenheit and Celsius degrees. Fixed temperature models are identified FX, while combination fixed/rate-of-rise units are marked FX/ROR. The 5600 series also provides a post-activation indicator in the form of a collector. When the detector is activated, the collector drops from the unit, making it easy to identify the unit in alarm.
- Multiple configurations available to satisfy a broad range of installations:
- Single- and dual-circuit models
- Fixed temp and combination fixed- temp/rate-of-rise 135ºF or 194ºF ratings.
- Plain housing available for residential installations
- Easy to use terminal screws that provide a more positive wiring connection
- A broader range of back box mounting options:
- Single gang
- 3.5" and 4" Octagonal
- 4 square with square to round plaster ring
- Reversible mounting bracket for flush and surface mount installations
- Wiring: Single-Circuit
- Heat Sensor: 135°F (57°C) fixed temperature, 15°F (8.3°C) per minute rate-of-rise
- Wiring Gauge: 14-22 AWG
- Dimensions: 1.69" (4.3cm) H x 4.57" (11.6cm) Dia.
- Weight: 6 oz. (170 g)
- Single Gang: Yes
- 3.5 inch Octagon: Yes
- 4 inch Octagon: Yes
- 4 inch Square: Yes
- Operating Humidity Range: 5 to 95% RH non-condensing