The Model 10A17 RS-232/485 Serial Board Interface, accessory kit, 20 pin cable, can be used with an Omni, OmniPro, or Aegis controller. It allows the controller to be connected to a personal computer or other system to exchange data and commands. The controller can be accessed continuously and in real time though the interface without affecting the operation of the controller. HAI offers two standard protocols: Omni-Link and Pro-Link. All HAI Omni, OmniPro, and Aegis systems with Version 1.5 or later firmware support Omni-Link. Omni-Link has defined message formats to retrieve status and send commands to the controller. OmniPro and Aegis systems with Version 1.6 or later firmware also support Pro-Link. Pro-Link is a programmable protocol whose messages can be programmed into the controller. Using Pro-Link, an HAI controller can send commands to and interpret commands from systems that are not programmable, such as lighting controls and infrared controls.
The Model 10A17 supports both RS-232 and RS-485 connections. RS-232 is the standard for connections to most personal computers and related systems. RS-485 can support greater wiring distances.
- Connects to Omni, OmniPro, or Aegis controller
- Indicators for status, transmit, and receive data
- Male DB-9 connector for RS-232 connection, configured as DTE (same as a
- Use standard "data transfer" or "null modem" cable for connection to personal
- Use standard "modem" cable for connection to a modem
- (Cable not supplied; cables are commonly available at computer supply stores
for your application)
- 2 terminals provided for RS-485 connections, A and B
- Powered by controller - no external power required
- Wiring diagrams to make your own cable included